The TOHO Group seeks to contribute to the realization of a society that is happy and enriched for everyone.
TOHO group’s sustainability efforts will focus on the following important issues:
- Creating a healthy work environment where everyone feels valued for their contributions
- Promoting environmentally friendly business practices that are protective of our planet
- Respecting human rights and foster a constructive and fair corporate culture
- Creating a rich film and theater culture and pass it on to the next generation
Targets for specific initiatives:
- Build a diverse and vibrant organization regardless of gender, career (work history), age, nationality, or disability.
- Pursue wellbeing through the promotion of health management and communication
Promoting environmentally friendly business practices that are protective of our planet
- Reduce CO2 emissions through the use of renewable energy and other sources to achieve decarbonization.
*CO2 emissions reduction targets: 50% reduction by FY2030 compared to FY2017, to net zero emissions by FY2050.
(Toho has updated the targets in November 2023.)
- Solve environmental issues by using materials with less environmental impact in business activities, reducing waste, etc.
Respecting human rights and foster a constructive and fair corporate culture
- Build an inclusive environment where all customers can enjoy our entertainment and no one is left behind.
- Respect the human rights of all stakeholders and pursue a system that can provide "sound entertainment" on a sustainable basis.
Creating a rich film and theater culture and pass it on to the next generation
- Contribute to Japanese film and theater culture by preserving original film prints, passing on theatrical productions, and protecting intellectual property rights.
- Create future customers and future talents by providing original experiences for children and supporting and nurturing creators.
Health Management Declaration
In April 2022, we announced "The TOHO VISION 2032 TOHO Group Management Corporate Strategy." In this document, we set forth our long-term vision and growth strategy toward the 100th anniversary of our founding and declared our policy to focus on securing and developing "human resources" based on the recognition that "human resources" capable of creating new value are the major driving force for growth.
We believe that creating a work environment where employees are healthy in mind and body and can maximize their abilities will lead to the mutual growth of both the company and its employees.
Under the corporate slogan of "Entertainment for YOU, Inspiring Customers Around the World," we will actively promote support for employee health maintenance and improvement activities and workplace environments, and work to create a vibrant organization.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) promotes the "Regional School Collaboration Activities" with the aim of supporting the growth of children who will be the ones to lead the future through collaboration among communities, schools, and businesses. TOHO supports this activity and accepts company visits. The programs we offer are as follows.
"How Movies Are Made"
This program introduces the pillars of TOHO's business, namely movies, theater, and real estate, and explains the process of making movies based on TOHO's corporate mission of "to widely provide inspiring entertainment to the general public."
For inquiries regarding this matter, please contact
Public Relations and Investor Relations, General Affairs Dept. TOHO Co., LTD.