The TOHO Group inherits the management philosophy of our founder, Ichizo Kobayashi: We widely provide inspiring entertainment to the general public; We owe our business to the happiness of the customers; and We always act with vivacity, modesty, fairness and grace. In order to contribute positively to cultural and economic development, we declare as follows.
- We provide high quality services and products to satisfy our customers.
- We always deal fairly to earn the trust of our business partners.
- We make our work environment comfortable so that our co-workers can work in a rewarding and healthy manner.
- In order to respond to requests from our shareholders, we will ensure the effective functioning of corporate governance, disclose appropriate management information in a timely manner, and enhance our business performance and corporate value.
- In order to actively fulfill our corporate social responsibility, we do not tolerate inequality; instead, we respect human rights, contribute to local communities, care about preserving the natural environment, and play an active role in the development of a diverse, inclusive and sustainable society.
Implemented: November 30, 2004
Revised: July 20, 2007
March 1, 2023
The TOHO Group seeks to contribute to the realization of a society that is happy and enriched for everyone.
TOHO group’s sustainability efforts will focus on the following important issues:
Creating a healthy work environment where everyone feels valued for their contributions
Promoting environmentally friendly business practices that are protective of our planet
Respecting human rights and foster a constructive and fair corporate culture
Creating a rich film and theater culture and pass it on to the next generation
Code of Conduct
All TOHO Group executives and employees shall aim to put the values of the TOHO Charter into practice by adhering to the following code of conduct.
Contribution to the culture of film, animation and theaters
- In order to create and develop rich culture around film, animation and theaters and pass it on to the next generation, we provide high-quality products and services that are sound and conducive to the betterment of society.
Compliance with social norms
- We will comply with all applicable laws, accounting standards, company rules, contracts, and other social norms. We will not do anything that may violate social norms or may be subject to social censure. If we violate a social norm in some way, we will not hide such fact.
- If we become aware of any conduct that may violate social norms, we will work to correct it by discussing it with our superiors, colleagues, business partners and other co-workers, or by reporting it to the Reporting and Consultation Desk established within the TOHO Group.
- We will not treat whistleblowers who approach the Reporting and Consultation Desk in a disadvantageous manner.
- If we learn of any conduct of our business partners that violates social norms, we will encourage them to take corrective action so that together we can contribute to the development of a better society.
Business Development and Continuity
- We conduct our business through honest and courteous communication with all people.
- In order to fulfill our social responsibility, we will disseminate factual and accurate information in a timely, appropriate and proactive manner.
- Company assets and information, whether tangible or intangible, are properly managed and effectively utilized.
- To ensure business continuity, we will make adequate preparations against threats such as natural disasters, terrorism and cyber-attacks.
Fair Corporate Activities
- We will not engage in any activities that are detrimental to the interests of the company.
- We will not have any relationship, direct or indirect, with antisocial forces.
- We will not give or receive entertainment or gifts that deviate from the bounds of social common sense.
- We will not provide unfair benefits to any party.
- We will not do anything that may impede free competition.
- We will not divulge or commit acts that otherwise lead to the divulgence of confidential or insider information about the company or our business partners.
- We will develop and maintain safe and healthy work environments.
- We respect the diversity and individuality of the people with whom we work.
- We will create and maintain environments in which our co-workers can achieve a work-life balance.
- We will establish and maintain environments in which our co-workers can freely express and discuss their opinions.
Sustainability and Respect for Human Rights
- We will comply with the "TOHO Group Human Rights Policy" and act in accordance with the "Sustainability Policy.”
- In all our corporate activities, we will give full consideration to the optimization of resource and energy use and the preservation of the natural environment, and aim to provide products and services in a manner that has less impact on the environment.
- In case of accident or disaster, respect for human life is our first priority.
- We respect the human rights of all people equally and to the maximum extent possible.
- We do not tolerate any unfair discrimination, violence, bullying, character denial, intimidation, harassment or other human rights violations against any person.
- We do not tolerate any kind of unjust exploitation, including slave labor, child labor, forced labor and human trafficking.